1.27.2011

Late is Better Than Never

Again, I'm late with the whole, blog-a-week thing. Oh well. I do my best.
For those of you who don't live in New York City, it's a freakin' ice box here right now. I thought I was accidentally eating ice cream for breakfast, but it was just my cereal. Everyone here keeps telling me to just get used to it, but I don't think they quite realize that to a Texan, snow is a mythical beast closely related to the unicorn. So to go from blurry sightings, to weeks on end of it...it's a bit hard to just get used to. Also, my roommate seems to run about 10 degrees warmer than I do. Or I run 10 degrees colder...maybe I AM a vampire. Anyways, it ends up that I can't turn the heat on without bothering her, and I can only wear so many layers of socks...

Yesterday I spent the entire day organizing my drawers, cleaning off my desk, finishing laundry, and I even cleaned the bathroom. As messy as my mind is, cleaning and organizing is like some strange, ocd ritual for me. I get obsessive until everything is just perfect, and then I'm done for the day. If I'm going to spend time cleaning, that's my only purpose that day. When I'm done, I can die. And by die, I mean watch a few episodes of Dexter before falling into a caffeine coma from all the tea I've been drinking.  More like just a coma, because I've been making a point to buy decaffeinated tea only. Speaking of tea, I'm going to go make some.

Alright, where was I? Oh yeah. Tea. After I cleaned, I went and bought groceries. Lactaid, cereal, frozen waffles, and two new tea flavors. Spicy Apple Chai and Vanilla Nut Creme. They both sound delicious huh? Lies. They were both gross. I'm sticking to my Sleepy Time and Tension Tamer from now on. Before groceries, I was at the library picking up some Audrey Hepburn's. Charade and Funny Face. The latter is what I plan to fall asleep to tonight.

This morning, I woke up for my 9 am and looked out the window to see...gray. Lots of gray.
Without contacts or glasses in, I'm blinder than a bat, so I asked my roommate, "Is that rain or snow?" She replied, "I think its both." Great. More gray mythical creatures falling all over my face and melting on my neck and sliding icy water down my spine when I'm walking to class. Exactly what I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Tea Opinion: Earl Gray, Hot...
    Snow Opinion: Our mountain resorts manufacture Unicorns here in SoCal. Can't even imagine it any other way.
    Glasses Opinion: Intrigued... Why have we never seen those before?
    :)

    ReplyDelete