1.08.2011

New Years Resolutions...wait, what?

 1. NO SODA.
This isn't a huge thing. I just want to see how long I can go without Dr. Pepper. It's usually my heroin of choice to shoot up late at night when I forget to do my homework, or my breakfast of champions when I'm running out the door to class. Which is great and all, but not the healthiest of habits. I have free and clean water, and a pretty decent assortment of teas, so I plan on making full use of them this year. I'm currently enjoying a nice cup of Mandarin Spice out of a genuine 1990's Capra family reunion mug, go me.

2. BLOG A WEEK.
I started this blog awhile ago with the most glorious of selfish intentions...writing about my life, more often. But I really didn't do a great job of that, and for that I will make amends. I am going to hold myself to at least one blog a week, even if its just a break down of what went on in painful, dull detail. On a good day, I might even write a tutorial for Photoshop or costume makeup techniques, as I have received several requests for that. I mean, I can't promise that they will be any good, but I will try! &That's what counts, riiight?

3. LEARN NEW THINGS//ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS.
I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty lazy. When it comes to the things I know, photography and such, I can get things done. But when it comes to actually living a full, active life...I'm pretty much a failure. I've never learned a musical instrument, I haven't been to a ballet class in over five months, and my yoga mat sits under my bed. Not to mention, most all my meals last semester came out of a microwave or were prepared by stranger's hands. This isn't really a resolution, more of a lifestyle ideology that I want to live out, just by living life more fully. I'm incredibly blessed to be living in more of the most artistic and eccentric cities in all of North America. I should be taking full advantage of that.

4. BE KIND.
I cannot even begin to explain how hard it is for me to publicly smile or compliment a backbiting foe or 'friend' that I have to interact with. I tend to recoil from social situations in general that demand an overall politeness to people of little or no importance to my life. Rarely will I go out of my way to talk to someone I don't like in an attempt to alleviate the negative feelings and move past them. But I'm going to start working on that, because it's what a real human being would do. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Thanks Plato. Idiot.


Alright, so I've made my intentions public in a scary attempt to have some sort of accountability! I'll let you know how things progress as the year continues. Now I want to know, what are you making an effort to do (or not do) in 2011?


2 comments:

  1. well i'm planning on finishing my 365. i mean, 2 months late is better than 2 years? yeah? maybe.
    also, " But I'm going to start working on that, because it's what a real human being would do." fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to a weekly blog. Hope it becomes A Portrait of the Artist as a Young [Wo]Man, as she creates the same. :)
    Good luck, but I hope the only one you really take to heart is number 3. Enjoy the excitement of a city alive.

    My resolutions... Finish both my 365 and book. I'm running like 3 months behind on the 365 and like 5 years on the book...

    ReplyDelete